Learn how to knit with free knitting videos!
Grab your knitting needles and yarn, and learn a new knitting skill the easy way: by watching! Start by learning the knitting basics such as Long Tail cast-on and the knit and purl stitches. Those three techniques make up the vast majority of any knitting project, so pat yourself on the back. From there you'll probably want to learn a couple of increases and decreases, and check out our knitting tips page. To finish your project, you'll need to learn advanced knitting techniques. If you get stuck along the way or just want to chat with other knitters, drop by our friendly online knitting forum. And if you're looking for your next knitting project, come browse our free knitting patterns directory.
Beginner Knitting Video
How to Knit: A Complete Introduction for Beginners Part 1
Grab your knitting needles and yarn and get ready to learn how to knit! How to Knit: A complete introduction for beginners is a step-by-step tutorial for new knitters to follow along and learn to knit. The complete video is 45 minutes long and jam packed with knitting know-how for the new knitter.
Now Available in Our Shop
Back by Popular Demand!
This CD is currently based upon an older version of KnittingHelp.com and contains most, but not all, of the videos of the current website. Read more...
Knitting Chatter ;)
- placement of slit in keyhole scarf - 1 reply
- ONE NEEDLE KNITTING :D - 1 reply
- Got the hang of long tail cast on!!! - 4 replies
- Can any of you lovely knitters help me please? :) - 4 replies
- What Does a Color Represent? - 5 replies
- Free project included in Nov. 2013 issue of Let's Knit Magazine! - 11 replies
- Easy, very easy sweater pattern - 3 replies
- Suggestions for a circular needle set to purchase - 7 replies