Old 01-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #11
thisisme7899
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by cheley View Post
You are welcome...Anytime!!glad to help
the animals will be glad too. When you finish them, jst send them to a local animal shelter! We can help animals all over the world!!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-30-2011, 05:38 PM   #12
Aramis3737
Ribbing the Cuff

Cat and Dog Beds for Abused Animals
Hello! I noticed you are knitting cat and dog beds and wanted to introduce my non-profit to you, since we donate knitted cat and dog beds to an animal shelter that cares for abused and abandoned animals. Please visit us at www.ARCnow.info. We stand for Awareness, Respect, Compassion, and we would love to work with you!

Best wishes,

Jee Jee Kim
(Aramis3737 on KnittingHelp and Ravelry)
Aramis3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aramis3737 For This Useful Post:
thisisme7899 (01-31-2011)
Old 01-31-2011, 09:09 AM   #13
thisisme7899
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Aramis3737 View Post
Hello! I noticed you are knitting cat and dog beds and wanted to introduce my non-profit to you, since we donate knitted cat and dog beds to an animal shelter that cares for abused and abandoned animals. Please visit us at www.ARCnow.info. We stand for Awareness, Respect, Compassion, and we would love to work with you!

Best wishes,

Jee Jee Kim
That is soooo nice! I would love to try to work with you!!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:16 AM   #14
thisisme7899
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Aramis3737 View Post

Best wishes,

Jee Jee Kim
Sorry, I didn't get to finish my last one.
I am supper glad to help, because I hate the thought of animals being abused. In one of the last responses that I got on this topic, Someone said that their cats don't like garter stitch blankets, and she thinks that it is because maybe their claws get caught. What have you found? Is there a different stitch we should be doing? I personally am working with like size 9 knitting needles, do you think I should go smaller?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #15
cheley
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by thisisme7899 View Post
Sorry, I didn't get to finish my last one.
I am supper glad to help, because I hate the thought of animals being abused. In one of the last responses that I got on this topic, Someone said that their cats don't like garter stitch blankets, and she thinks that it is because maybe their claws get caught. What have you found? Is there a different stitch we should be doing? I personally am working with like size 9 knitting needles, do you think I should go smaller?
Why don't you start a "Pet Snuggle" project? Back in the day, a group here on the Forum (Under Pet Snuggle) had a very nice group..someone starts the project, then mails to another etc etc..then donates to local animal shelter....look at all the posts...I will help

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cheley For This Useful Post:
thisisme7899 (01-31-2011)
Old 01-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #16
thisisme7899
Ribbing the Cuff

Why don't you start a "Pet Snuggle" project? Back in the day, a group here on the Forum (Under Pet Snuggle) had a very nice group..someone starts the project, then mails to another etc etc..then donates to local animal shelter....look at all the posts...I will help
Ok! awsome! I'll start it now!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #17
thisisme7899
Ribbing the Cuff

It will be under the "charity knitting"!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:15 PM   #18
thisisme7899
Ribbing the Cuff

Animal pet snuggles!!
There is a pattern I found for making animal beds. Plz try making this and send the pattern to others! Spread the love for animals without a home!
Materials:

10 knitting needles
Worsted weight yarn
Eyelash yarn

Models were made with Lions Brand "Homespun" worsted weight yarn and "Fun Fur" eyelash yarn.

This pattern is an adaptation of the Easy Knit Snuggle Pattern.

Instructions:
Work with both yarns together. Cast on as many stitches as you will need for your particular size Snuggle. Then simply knit every row.

This pattern becomes more fun as you progress. It works up very fast. The resulting Snuggle is both a toy and a security mat giving its owner lots of hours of enjoyment.

When you are done, Donate to a local animal shelter or I will be giving more choices later!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:35 AM   #19
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Hi Moriah!
Cheley was referring to our "Oddball Pet Snuggles", which already has a discussion thread going in the forum. That project has been going on for a few years, and we've knit several small blankets for animal shelter cages.
Oddball Pet Snuggles

It's not necessary for you to join our group, unless you want to. You can just keep going with the discussion thread you have started right here. Your idea is a good one!

Each person can make their own pet bed, as you suggested, and can deliver their animal bed to a shelter in their area. Quick and easy!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #20
thisisme7899
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks! I am glad I can help animals! Can You send me the pattern?? Plz? Thanks!