Old 01-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
steeyecki
Casting On

Hi guys! First: sorry sorry sorry, for not replying I had exams and I didn't have the time to check the forum.
I really appreciate your effort. "Jan in CA" you are right, I use the wrong term.. I meant the stitch not the pattern, I'm not good with the exact. Sorry for that, English is my second language.
My Mom thinks we should use bigger and thicker needles as well as wool, but she still isn't sure about the stitch, so that's where we still need help!
steeyecki is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,248 Times in 2,744 Posts
Did you do well on your exams? I hope so!

I revisited this link http://www.porhomme.com/wp-content/u...cardigan-5.jpg and noticed that it says "moss-stitch-cardigan" so I'm pretty sure a moss stitch is what you need. The right size needles with the wool/yarn (I think you use of "wool" where we use "yarn") should produce the desired result. It will need a tight stitch so the needle should be smaller than what is normally used, perhaps.

Your English is actually quite good, it's making sure we all are talking about the same thing that's important. You're ahead of me in languages, I only know English. I'm glad you checked back in, I'm hoping to know that you get this figured out. It's really great that you can help your mom this way.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #13
Antares
Working the Gusset

The image in the link below looks very similar to the pattern in the coat, and the directions are given for how to do it, too: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ss-stitch.html

Hope your exams went well!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote