Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #31
thisisme7899
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by thisisme7899 View Post
lol, nice! I am pausing on making a animal bed right now, and making my mom a sweater, bc her birthday is comming up soon! And I want to make her an awsome present! It'll be my first sweater I've made!
Just a quick update on this post from a while ago! I have the sweater all pinned up, one side slot is sewn up, and it was Unfortunately4 inches too short! so I started making a border on it! The border looks pretty nice on it, but i have had to pause all knitting for awhile.
I was stuped, and I left my hand where it could get shut in the door of the car, and my best friend shut her car door, and I, of course, had my hand in the way, so it was shut on! It hurts pretty badly, and I am certain that I will end up will some bruses.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #32
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

I contacted my local shelter to get the exact size they needed for the cages. This website says that brightly colored blankets will calm the animals and help them to get adopted rather than euthanized. In my sales career, I know that bright colors and patterns draws people to your product, in this case the cats and dogs, and sells.

http://volunteerguide.org/volunteer/...l-shelters.htm
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatoldladyinpjs For This Useful Post:
senoritamina (02-21-2012), thisisme7899 (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #33
thisisme7899
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by fatoldladyinpjs View Post
I contacted my local shelter to get the exact size they needed for the cages. This website says that brightly colored blankets will calm the animals and help them to get adopted rather than euthanized. In my sales career, I know that bright colors and patterns draws people to your product, in this case the cats and dogs, and sells.

http://volunteerguide.org/volunteer/...l-shelters.htm
That is great!! I am so glad that you went that far as to do that! A million thanks to you from my 15 year old heart!! If you could forward the size of the cages, that would probably give others a idea on how big the beds/blankets should be.
Thanks!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #34
ginas23
Casting On

Originally Posted by thisisme7899 View Post
HI! My name is Moriah and I have a place in my heart for strays and foster children. My family takes care of foster babies, and I was also born into foster care, not for long, but... yea. I almost got my mom to let us try fostering dogs, but that might be more painful then the foster babies. So, I decided, why not knit for strays? Most animal shelters will probably be cool with it! After all, most of the animals sleep on the floor since animal shelters don't have money to buy animal beds! So, Please! Please! Please! Pleeeaseee help me by making animal beds for the animals. This book called "Ghost dog secrets" by Peg Kehret has a cat blanket pattern in the very back. I make this bigger to make a dog bed. I have made several now, and would looooove help!!!!! all you really have to do is decide how many stitches to cast on, and then knit each row in "garter stitch" and do this until you reach desired length. any one in?
Hi Moriah,

This is the way i make dog and cat blankets. it's called double knitting and makes 2 layers, stockinette on each side...Very easy.

Cast on an even number of stitches as wide as you like.

K1, slip1, across...That's all there is to it and it makes the bed softer...I use worsted weight and have made them for all my friends and family's pets.
ginas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #35
ginas23
Casting On

should have read
I should have said...K1, slip one as if to purl...with the yarn in front, then put the yarn in back to knit the next stitch, and so on.
ginas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:48 AM   #36
Chelsea716Knits
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Skype™ to Chelsea716Knits
Hi Momo!
I love this idea!!!! The only downside is... I live on the other side of the city from my local pet shelter. It is a hour drive from my house and I would have to have my mom drive me. :(
Here is a tip: Try to make squares and stitch them together (Like blue, pink, lime green, So bright colours). It looks cute, is comfy and pets love it! I'm going to make a blanket for my little dog, named Rico!

From my 12 year heart,

Chelsea

Keep On Knitting!!!!
Chelsea716Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #37
cheley
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Chelsea716Knits View Post
Hi Momo!
I love this idea!!!! The only downside is... I live on the other side of the city from my local pet shelter. It is a hour drive from my house and I would have to have my mom drive me. :(
Here is a tip: Try to make squares and stitch them together (Like blue, pink, lime green, So bright colours). It looks cute, is comfy and pets love it! I'm going to make a blanket for my little dog, named Rico!

From my 12 year heart,

Chelsea
Hi all..and Happy New Year I have completed all my needle work commitments and ready to join in on the blankets...I visited our local APL ( within walking distance of me) and I was very surprised at how "chilly" it was in there..but let's face it, it's better there than 20 below zero...So here's my commitment, if anyone would like to send me there project, I will finish and hand deliver to Friendship APL, here in Elyria, Ohio..I did work on pet snuggles awhile back...So pm me I will forward my address on to you

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote