KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charity Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Midwest US Oddball Baby Blankets (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81359)

Shandeh 07-07-2008 01:13 AM

Midwest US Oddball Baby Blankets

Hello friendly charity knitters and crocheters!

We work together to make Oddball Baby Blankets for charity. Our blankets will be made according to the requests of our local hospital(s), so keep watching this thread to see our guidelines.

The Midwest territory is separated into 3 groups:
Midwest Great Lakes Baby Blankets - Led by traceleighj
(Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Minnesota)

Midwest Great Plains Baby Blankets - Led by kellyh57
(North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska)

Midwest Preemie Blankets - Led by stagebear
(entire Midwest)

By the way, I need your help Midwesterners. I've been looking online, and it seems that Minnesota is being claimed by Great Plains sometimes, and by Great Lakes other times. Can you help me figure out where it actually belongs?

If you would like to volunteer to help make our blankets, please send a private message to the leader for your region, and they will help you get started!

Our project will begin in August, so let's start our plans!

snowbear 07-07-2008 06:39 PM

Hi and welcome!
This is a great way to get the blankets to more places and enjoy this great project.
We will start in August, and I'm looking forward to watching the blankets unfold.
Please post here any ideas you have as far as names of blankets, stitches, questions etc.
This is a heart warming project that only continues to give love!

braymer 07-08-2008 01:19 PM

I want in!

I hope I can help SNOWBEAR, I think you have mailing info, but if not Shandeh has it.:psst:

traceleighj 07-08-2008 01:33 PM

I'm all for this. Thanks Snowbear and Shandeh for all of the work you are doing for this!

snowbear 07-08-2008 07:04 PM

I'm so glad you all are wanting to join.

Let me know any ideas you have concerning the blankets. Colors or themes of blankets, etc.
Feel free to input anything, we'll need crochet experience on the borders..

I can't wait till more are signed up to start making lists of who to send what to where.

Hugs,

Shandeh 07-08-2008 07:37 PM

Go Midwest! :hug:

wickedphantm 07-09-2008 04:47 PM

I'm still in! Looking forward to starting again in August!

stagebear 07-09-2008 06:08 PM

I'm in and up for whatever the group wants to do!

snowbear 07-09-2008 08:36 PM

This is great!

I'm so excited to get started. I'm going to be contacting the others that have signed up on the main odd ball this weekend, and let them know about this site.
Please let me know if you pefer to start, end, do borders, etc. i want everyone to enjoy this great work.

Let me know any questions etc.

Thanks again for being a part of this great work!

kellyh57 07-10-2008 02:13 PM

Count me in...just a little. I need to to get going on Christmas presents (well, actually birthdays that are near Christmas!) too!

I was thinking of starting a "Tulip Festival" blanket. I found a few tulip patterns that I was going to try to work out into a blanket. We could do it in tulip colors (just about anything!) and maybe even border it in grassy green! What do you think?

Kelly